Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Show Me Yours and I'll Give You Something

Hey guys, so it's finally been a year and I finally have over a hundred people who follow my blog for some reason or another.  This makes me HAPPY 8)!  Although, when you think about it, there are about 7 billion people in the world.  This makes me SAD 8'(!  Just kidding.  I'm happy with the followers I do have.  Thanks guys!

For those of you that are new to this site, I will explain what I'm about.  There are a few ways to describe my blog.  First, let me state that I'm not a stay at home mom.  I wish I was, but it hasn't worked out that way.  My point is, that anyone can carve some time into their schedule to create.

 I am a special education teacher by trade and I normally stress to impress, but when I'm making something, somehow I forget those worries and the stress just melts away.  No need for Prozac. I win!

I'm also a thrift whore.  I love a bargain!  The cheaper, the better, and free is the goal.  So, a lot of my projects here are either free or done for very little money.  The goal is to make things useful again but in a chic way.  The mantra is reduce by re-using and recycling the re-used into something functional. Huh?! Get it, good.

I consider myself a jackass of all trades in that I dabble in more than just a few types of projects, but I am by no means a master of any type of art medium.  The projects I feature are do-able even if you're missing digits on your dominant hand.  Yeah, I do realize that my crafts sometimes look like I made them with my feet.

Many times you will see that my projects are inspired by pioneers that came and crafted before me.  These are true artists!  I never try to steal someone's thunder, so I give them full credit and a link to their site so you can experience genius for yourself.  I love it when I can actually recreate something from someone's tutorial and I try to spread the word.

I would love to see what you've been inspired to create.  So I have decided to include a Show Me feature to my little blog where you too can show off your goodies.  Great, good, or ugly, I want to check it out.

Bottom line is, some of the things I make turn out great and some turn out barftastic, but the time working on crap-fts has and continues to be time well spent.  Enough about me though, I really appreciate your support of this little blog and I want to show just how much by doing this little giveaway.  I am giving away a $20.00 AC Moore gift card this time.

What do you have to do to win?  Well that's easy. I want you to show me something you've made and grab a button.  If you're a follower, then comment that you are.  If you're not, then what the heck are you waiting for?  Follow me and comment that you're new.  If you're a stalker, then kindly go pound sand.  I will close the giveaway on Monday, January 2nd and the winner will be chosen randomly.  Good luck, I hope you win a buck or 20.

Nydia 8)

6 comments:

  1. I follow you. You totally make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow ya! It was fun to find out new stuff about ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower!
    Julianne
    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    juliannerosenau@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked up the DIY storage box!
    Julianne
    juliannerosenau@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower!! I LOVE that you're so real and honest. Feel like we've been friends forever!! Hope you're off to a GREAT weekend!!!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...