Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween Chalkboard Painted Rock Display



Is it too early for Halloween decorations?  Nah!!! October is right around the corner, literally.  Here's a quick, easy, and cheap project you can do in your spare time.  What's that?  I saw this first in a Pottery Barn catalog, then a few bloggers tried it with a slightly different spin.  Mine has an even bigger spin in that I used a "bloody" candle. 
Sorry about the quality of my pictures but I don't know how the heck to use a camera.  




 Here's how it's done:


Step 1- Get some river rocks out of your garden or your local mall.  (Just kidding that would be stealing.)  Wash them and allow them to dry.  Then paint them with chalkboard paint.  Use chalk to write spooky words.  (You can also just use black paint and white markers.  I won't tell.)




This is a glass container that I got for $3 at Goodwill.  My Goodwill is expensive.  You can get these for a buck elsewhere.  



Step 2- Find a candle to bloody.  Use a lit red candle to drip wax onto your white candle.  This will give the look of blood drops.  


Step 3- Once this dries, place it in the middle of the glass container and arrange your rocks around it.  

Step 4- You're done.  Yep done.  Go save the world or something because you are officially a hero. 

PS. The candle on the pedestal was made Halloweeny by gluing skulls onto it.  All of this cost $3! 

Nydia 8)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nydia, I gave you the Liebster Blog Award! Please visit me and find out what to do next!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...